Thursday, October 05, 2006

I checked Dublin Core site for entries concerning ROI for metadata (business case)

http://dublincore.org/groups/corporate/Seattle/ is a link for the Corporate working group. They have created a generic ppt that anyone could use to address the issue in their institutional environment: dublincore.org/groups/corporate/DC_ROIofMetadata.ppt

Sarah Rices is the chair of the WG and also has a presentation which discusses the group's need to develop metrics. Joseph Busch is a member of the WG, the class might want to ask him about the work that is being done in Dublin Core (see the company website also: http://www.taxonomystrategies.com/) Metadata%20Solutions%20and%20their%20Return%20on%20Investment.pdf


I could not find a section in Tannenbaum,although I thought there was one. When I googled her, she does have pdf on the Web Metadata%20Solutions%20and%20their%20Return%20on%20Investment.pdf

2 Comments:

At October 10, 2006 3:24 PM, Blogger Anne said...

RE: The generic PPT from Dublin Core on metadata & ROI.
On Slide 9 I would add under the Benefit Model column something like "Reduced Information Inaccuracies" & "Reinforced Branding". For example,we do have a metadata/taxonomy initiative at Harris. This has resulted in mixed, inconsistent, sometimed inaccurate (!) descriptions about products & services. If there were standards that included concepts such as metadata, taxonomies, controlled vocabularies we could avoid these (what I consider) embarrassments.

 
At October 10, 2006 3:25 PM, Blogger Anne said...

OK, in my last post, I meant to say that we DO NOT have a metada/taxonomy initiative. My apologies.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home